Glamour-lust. Think it, feel it, live it. We do.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Glamour is Back With A Vengeance: Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear

It started with Louis Vuitton.

For seasons during the recession we endured, but were also rather grateful for, the endless supply of basic and classic pieces hitting our runways and stores. It is, after all, rather rude to expect people who have taken pay cuts and lost jobs to buy one-season-wonders. I particularly appreciated seeing the nods to the austere 40's wartime fashion. Perhaps as our economy began to recover Marc Jacobs decided it was time to inject some glamour back into our drab lives again, New Look style. It worked in the 50's/60's. Who knows. Louis Vuitton Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear hit the runway. We gasped. We swooned. We shopped. Not only was 'ladylike' back in, so were women with real curves. (Although Prada did that first).

As a woman who appreciates femininity, curves and waist-cinching, hip--hugging, breast-hoisting clothes, you can imagine that for me, LV Fall 2010 RTW was like a dream come true. Possibly the highlight of my life so far. I wish I could have been there.

Alas, but not quite alack, as ladylike femininity continues through into 2011, we leave the 50's and 60's behind (although pencil dresses are here to stay) and emerge into a dazzling state of contemporary glamour - 70's style.

That's right: bell-bottoms, maxi dresses of all kinds, long skirts, hippie skirts. Anything ankle length and floor length, mini skirts, halterneck dresses, long sleeves - interesting sleeves - everything ethnic, greek influence, chinese influence, platforms, DISCO - shiny, sequins, animal print - check out Elie Saab's not-so-subtle Studio 54 references. http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2011RTW-ESAAB

It's all back. It's all better. And it's all glamour.

In my next few posts I will be listing my favourite Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear collections and highlighting my fav outfits from each. I hope you like them as much as I do.

Enjoy, disco dazzlings!

Zoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment